Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the "once a week cry it out" plan

i tend to get over-worked about most everything. any teensy weensy little baby problem turns into the end of the world when stacked on top of my already mildly stressful life.
due to this rather annoying tendency, i have another tendency - which is to have an emotional break down. on a fairly regular occurrence.
to help ease my darling husband's compassionate mind and for the sake of our darling marriage, i decided to go ahead with the "once a week cry it out" plan.
instead of getting so worked up over little things, i'm going to plan on letting out my frustrations once a week. preferably mondays. i will allow myself to cry out all the problems & mini-traumas which happened and will continue to happen, and then move on with my week.

the most wonderful thing is:

from the very second since i made this little plan, i haven't had the need or desire or even tendency to break down. not even a little bit.

it seems like by just allowing myself to feel the stress, to know it is there, to be ok with letting it out, all of a sudden, i don't need to cry any more.

like the acknowledgment of the pressure was all i needed to release it.

revolutionary, really.

so, for now, i'm going to stick with my "once a week cry it out" plan.
and maybe, just maybe, i can keep the peace.

i love peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment