Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"no matter what you pay"

working at camp this summer...
the pay is not exactly ideal.
but i don't think i'd trade it for anything.
where else is doing the dishes actually fun?

i've been spending my days mopping floors, making potato salad & giant batches of granola, reminiscing, filling/being filled in on new news, and singing plenty of show tunes (with revised lyrics).

no longer am i dwelling on 8 page papers due tomorrow and overdue library books.
grades are in. books are sold. my brain is on break.

and i love it!

however....
there are a few things i miss.
they are as follows:
my roommates.
my soulmate.
my boyfriend.
my professors. (weird, i know)
the kids at work.
my housekeeper.

i guess that's all. and none of those are actually "things". all people.
i love my people.

2 comments:

  1. "MY" housekeeper huh? hahahaha. That doesn't make you sound spoiled at all.

    Miss you too. <3 Just finished the granola you made me today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. revision:
    "THE" housekeeper.

    she is not mine. i do not own her. but i do think she's wonderful for cleaning my toilet.

    ReplyDelete