Saturday, June 20, 2009

relying on words.

i love language.
i love to wield words into exactly the form i wish them to take and create a new combination, a different description, something that fits.

but, lately, i've felt words leave me wanting...

like there is more to be said. more to be written. but the language is lacking.

to compartmentalize and generalize and minimize ideas too grand to be grasped into a structure unfit to hold such weight.

even this does not make sense.

too much time spent within my own head, i think.

when i am overwhelmed, filled with emotion, i whip out my pen and begin to write. i need a release, a way to make sense of what's going on, a method, a plan, just to see my life in words. most often, i write the best stuff when i am overflowing with anger or angst; even elation can bring about a new way of writing.

not today.
not lately.

words just leave me wanting.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your posts :) I often feel the same way! some days I just have a LACK of words, I want to enhance my vocabulary to better describe my thoughts, yet also frustration sometimes when there is simply no word to perfectly describe something.

    I am utterly obsessed with writing things down, but just like you say, it always helps to have life written on a sheet of paper and not stress in my mind!

    ReplyDelete