Tuesday, December 8, 2009

it's a snow day.

big news - they closed the university. they make almost all the students here live on campus and so closing the university is a really big deal. so excited.

this is what i'm doing with my snow day:
- mini ab workout in my room.
- napping.
- reading 'moll flanders'.
- dressing up & going out with my roommates + katie.

not exactly earth-shattering business, i realize, but here at bv we're all thrilled.

as for the rest of my life, here's what's up:
- i am getting married in 15 days. 15 days, people.
- finals week is next week. i may or may not be insane for planning a wedding for the week following finals week, but we're just going to go ahead and do this thing.
- i am also in the process of moving, which people who get married sometimes do. and so i'm packing up my little, lovely, messy dorm room and moving to a real house. crazy business.
- i am also incredibly, amazingly not freaking out.

I don't know how this last point I mentioned is happening, but I am probably more relaxed now as the semester is nearing an end than I have been for the previous two semesters when I was not actually planning a wedding. I think a great portion of this non-freaking-out has to do with I sort of just realized what is important. And what is not.

I don't care if I don't get an A.

I don't care if all the details are perfectly planned out.

I am getting married to the greatest man on the planet (in my humble opinion) and we get to live together. Forever. And I get to hang out with him every single day.

Wow, my life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment