Sunday, December 27, 2009

a really, really good story


Wednesday, December 23rd 5:00 at Immanuel American Lutheran Church

That's what it said on our wedding invitations.

Well, the blizzard of a quarter century interrupted our plans & we had ourselves a merry little impromptu ceremony at 3:00 in the afternoon in the Dayton House.

The boys set up the tables & chairs while I got ready upstairs with my sisters. Our photographer was unable to make it, so her husband took the pictures instead. Our room was just beautiful & I felt like a princess getting ready. My sister did my hair and makeup while I just waited for 3:00 to roll around. When the time started getting closer, we snapped a few pictures and I told my dad I loved him. I then followed my 3 sisters and walked down the grand staircase to meet Jason.

Only about 21 people surrounded us as we said our vows in the crowded living room. Pastor Margaret was able to make it to Worthington with the marriage license, for which we were very grateful, and she performed a beautiful ceremony. The snow was falling outside and our closest family members watched as we committed our lives to each other.

Afterward, we cracked open a few bottles of Little Swan Lake wine (where we were the night we got engaged), took some family pictures, ate linguine, salad & homemade bread compliments of my parents, and everyone had the place cleaned up by about 6:00, when the real snow was scheduled to start.
They all hurried out the door, while Jason & I were left to be snowed in at the Dayton House for 3 days.

It was more romantic, more perfect, than I could have ever dreamed. I don't even think I could make something up that was this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment