Tuesday, January 5, 2010

klutz.

last night,i fell down the stairs.

this morning, i slipped on the ice in the middle of the street.
and yes, there were cars passing by.
and i lost my shoe.

i am normally a klutz, but the amount of time i've spent on the ground in the last 12 hours seems to be a little extravagant even for me.

in other news:
i begin supervised participation tomorrow - spending the month of january with 7th graders. i can't wait, actually.

we bought a house plant. a philodendron. just in case we were not domestic enough before... it's official now.


i am also having quite the time trying to figure out what exactly i'm doing. or what i'm supposed to do. i'm not very good at this wife thing, i don't think. or maybe it's just that i haven't established what it's going to look like in our relationship. how i'm going to fulfill my role (what does this even mean?), keep my individuality, support my husband, be his partner, his companion, and not his servant girl.
he doesn't even like having a clean house.
which is good news, i think.

ok - well, i'm off - going to continue icing my bruised & swollen hip and ponder the essence of my wifelyness.

2 comments:

  1. Christina...I was reading your January posts...I got to this one and skipped the first bit and read the passage straight below the photo...from there I went back to the beginning and read from the top...
    I read that you slipped on the ice, while cars driving by...that made me smile...then I read the "i lost my shoe" and my smile busted into a laugh...I wasnt expecting the shoe to come off...but that made it just that more hilarious!
    That was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philodendron reminds me of a childhood Winnie The Pooh movie. I don't quite remember. Maybe Rabbit was planting one? Oh bother!

    ReplyDelete