Wednesday, January 20, 2010

books



my nerdy husband & i have been addicted to the library as of late - which is a wonderful thing to be addicted to.

we're sifting through literature like nobody's business & loving everyday. an ice storm is currently pelting our windows & i'm praying for a snow day to finish 'the brief, wondrous life of oscar wao' by junot diaz. it took a little while to get into - the language is daunting, but now i'm in the oscar zone & can't tear myself away. i'm surprised i'm even blogging right now. jeez.

recently finished:
'a million miles in a thousand years' - donald miller (& LOVED it)
'no promises in the wind' - irene hunt (with the 7th graders)
'old yeller' - fred gipson (also with the 7th graders)

i started 'two from galilee' by marjorie holmes & 'remember the sweet things' by ellen greene but couldn't finish either one. guess i'm in the mood for something a little more gritty.

--------------------------------
in other news - i went to the doc. & my ankle is sprained. the husband was right (this is his favorite thing for me to say). & i'm on crutches now, but should be walking soon. i hope. because my armpits are starting to hate me.

as for my attitude - it's not easy. sometimes i would love nothing more than to lay in bed & cry all day. but i just can't let myself. there are so many things i can't control - i am choosing to greet each day with a smile. whether i feel like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment