Sunday, January 31, 2010

why not?



What five words best describe you? Creative, busy, compassionate, competitive (as much as i hate to admit it) & studious.
What's your proudest achievement? At this point in my life, I'd say sticking with college. It's been a long-ish road & I've considered giving it up at several points in time. It is not in my nature to stay in one place for very long, but I've been trying to remember the great reward of receiving a full degree, the ability to hold a great teaching position which I will be qualified for - and be darn good at!
Who inspires you? Kids. They are just the funniest, warmest, most genuine things on the earth. And my husband. Who is also funny, warm & genuine. :-)
What are you passionate about? Kids. Ha. And literature. Language. Communication. (Good thing I'm headed off to be an English teacher, huh?)
What's the best lesson you've learned? To love unconditionally. I think Jesus taught me this one. And my mom.
Which person, living or dead, would you most like to meet? Hmm...Brother Lawrence - the guy who wrote The Practice of the Presence of God. I think we would get along.
What are you excited about? My husband coming home. Making potato soup tomorrow. Getting into the elementary school & spending some quality time with the kiddos. The books we're going to read in Post-Colonial Lit. this semester.
What's next? Directly - dishes, reading, putting clothes away & bed. In terms of my life in general - finishing school, reevaluating our lives and deciding where to go & what to do.

P.S. The picture of an apple has nothing to do with anything in this post. I just thought it seemed nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment