Friday, January 8, 2010

snow day 3.

can you believe it? 3 snow days. this is amazing. i did not even know it was possible to have this much free time.

and i feel like my back is in about 1 million pieces due in large part to the ridiculous spill in the street the other day & also spending 2.5 hours shoveling the snow out of our driveway. (a snow blower is going on my christmas list for next year - i don't care that scooping snow is good, old-fashioned, healthy exercise)

and... excellent news... the husband is snowed in with me! yes!

he made it home in the treacherous weather yesterday, attempted to get to work this morning, but got stuck in a snow drift! hooray! and after some guys pushed him out, he came right back home to me.

we have spent our day reading, drinking coffee, working out (well, he worked out. i watched. ha!) grocery shopping and then making delicious food with our new groceries. my life is so good i cannot even stand it.

tonight on the agenda: movies. popcorn. more cooking. more eating. and a whole lot of cuddling.

i think i am improving on the wifelyness dilemma, if you wish to term it a dilemma. more of a perplexity, as jason likes to say.
i've thought about it quite a bit.
jason & i talked about it for a long time.
and i talked to my mom.
and then i thought about it some more. and i've decided the best idea, is just to be myself. it seems pretty ordinary, but i think it's the thing to do. jason loves me. just ordinary me. so, i think i'm going to work on going back to me.

that's partially why the blogs have started up again with a bit more regularity.
that and all this stinkin' free time. but blogging helps me remember who i am. who i used to be. who i want to become.

i think that's important.

1 comment: