Monday, January 25, 2010

snow day one million.

This is the most bizarre winter i have ever experienced. Global climate change - I'm a believer.

On one hand - I will not be able to fulfill the required amount of hours for my J-term class...

On the other hand - I will be able to be incredibly productive at home today. My mobility on the stupid bum ankle is improving and I'm really really excited about it.

Planning on:
laundry.
cleaning the whole stinkin' house.
writing a 5 page paper.
making a pot o' chili (veggie style).
then, maybe reading a bit.

Over the weekend I was actually able to leave the house, improving my mood/attitude/entire perspective on life tremendously. We went to the step-grandparents-in-law (is this an actual term? i don't know), and it was just lovely! They are really the sweetest people, great conversationalists, and are allowing Jason & I to stay at their condo in Cali. for our honeymoon - yay!
We also went grocery shopping (less exciting on most scales - but i was thrilled none-the-less). Jason & I are transitioning to a more organic/vegan lifestyle. Looking for what is available here in Iowa is definitely making things interesting.

Yesterday, I was able to have one last afternoon with my sister, Kate. She is leaving for NYC to study art for the semester. We ate Mexican w/the fam., watched the Vikings lose, and then cried a little bit. For the Vikings. And each other.

Now, we're starting a new week. I'm determined to persevere & maintain a positive attitude. And love unconditionally. And make some darn good meals sans sour cream & cheese. (Pray for me!)

1 comment:

  1. Christina! I love you and your blog. I've been obsessed with sour cream lately. Check out this recipe:
    http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/01/edna-maes-sour-cream-pancakes/
    They are amazing. We had them like 3 times last week. Anyway, I always think of you when people on the food network make vegetarian dishes- you're my only vegetarian friend, i think :) And I like it.

    ReplyDelete