Thursday, March 5, 2009

my excuse.


Rather than attending class, I opted to skip Shakespeare today. I thought it would be in my best interest. Now that class is approximately half-over and I am still savoring my cup of coffee, I do feel mildly guilty about it. But, I was able to do oodles of things that I never would have been able to had I gone to class.
I tend to adhere to a general attitude of anti-laziness. I despise slothfulness and procrastination. I hate feeling like I'm not getting anything done, nothing accomplished. For some reason today, I felt compelled to go against all this and deliberately, without a valid note from a doctor or psychiatrist, skip class.
Now, I need an escape from this twinge of guilt eating away at the remainder of my freedom. I realize it is just one day, my only skip of the whole semester, but I still feel as though I might have missed something big, something important, or just slacked off on my duty as a tuition paying, perfectionist student/suck-up.
So, in order to relieve this impending remorse, I'm going to compile a list of all the pros of skipping Shakespeare today:
1. Extended coffee time.
2. Finishing and feeling fabulous about a take-home test due this afternoon.
3. Prolonged conversation with Melissa, without the feeling of "I need to go" every five seconds.
4. Actually having time to pick out a decent outfit, rather than opting for sweats (again).
5. Cozying up on a couch in the library and not moving, or feeling like I should move, for an entire hour.
6. Enjoying an omelet.
7. Taking extra time to walk to the forum in the absolutely perfect spring-scented air.
8. Digging through my shoe basket and finding my sandals from last summer buried beneath the snow boots and tennies. Deciding to wear them in celebration of a 60 degree forecast.
9. Having time to blog. Erase blog. Start again. Erase. Start again. And finish.

2 comments:

  1. yay! i know those sandals! (or at least i think i do)

    yay for nine wonderful skipping-class results!
    give up the guilt, my friend. this post was so worth taking the morning off. enjoy 60 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like Holace (sp) would encourage students to skip her class every once in awhile.. ESP if it was going to improve your overall well being... and DOUBLE especially if you used the time to devote to your WOMAN self as well as talk to ANOTHER WOMAN... ;-)

    ReplyDelete