Thursday, May 28, 2009

it's been ages...

and i apologize.

update:
finished school for the semester. off to summer vacation. and i feel really good about that.
camping trip = pure bliss.
currently, cooped up in my little sister's room. she loves to talk. not quite so blissful, but entertaining. and free.

__________________________
Now, for the real blogging. With real sentences. Almost.

I have this theory, which was recently shot down by someone smarter than I am, but I prefer to believe regardless. I believe if one spends enough time outdoors, they could never be unhappy. Now, I realize some people are determined to be pessimists. And I realize some work done outdoors is not exactly pleasant (cleaning up roadkill for example). But, I am choosing to believe nature is where we were meant to be. And when we step outside of the noise and florescent lighting and air conditioning and just embrace the great outdoors, how could you not let all negativity slip away? It's beautiful. Go run around. Breathe. Release.

I think a great part of this theory is my choice, to just believe that happiness is as tangible as a wild flower you don't know the name of. And as clear as a bright blue sky.

"I have to tell you something. I cannot help being happy. I’ve struggled against it but to no good. Apart from an odd five minutes here and there, I have been happy all my life. There is, I am well aware, no virtue whatever in this. It results from a combination of heredity, health, good fortune, and shallow intellect." -Arthur Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment