Monday, May 18, 2009

Midwest Girl

As much as I would like to think I am not... I really am a Midwest girl. Down to the very soles of my shoes (which happen to be mud-caked Nike's from high school). I love to watch the seasons change and survey the shifting landscape. To judge the height of the corn by my legs and give in to the excitement of the constant growth around me. I love the lilacs in spring, wild in abandoned farm places. I love kids on bikes racing on a gravel road. I love farmers in their trucks and faithful dogs by their side. I love that a pot of coffee shared between neighbors is a priority. I love feeling comfortable just walking in the back door. And sitting on the porch, watching the sun go down between black trees and the outlines of barns and silos.

No comments:

Post a Comment