Friday, May 15, 2009

"What I Learned"

In Literary Theory today, we discussed what we learned over the course of the semester. We each needed to pick out something that stood out to us, that we will remember, or perhaps that changed our perspective. As cliche as it may be, I generally think it's a worthwhile exercise.
Although it is difficult for me to pick out the one thing that impressed me the most, I mentioned the importance of effectively using my words. We have done a survey of theories with a wide range of meaning socially and textually, but critically considering the works of others has brought me back to think critically of my own language. Whether in speech or in writing, I desire to effectively convey my meaning, and use language responsibly.
I love the end of a semester. I love looking back on the material covered and knowing I have gleaned more than just a ratty text book and limited sleep. To be able to take the things I have learned and use them in my chosen career path, as well as every day life, I would say is definitely a semester well-spent.

2 comments:

  1. nice work, christina!
    i've been thinking about you all week and hoping you aren't being overwhelmed. are you all done now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have finals week this next week, but the overwhelming part is done. thanks for thinking of me, summer!

    ReplyDelete