Wednesday, September 16, 2009

wowowowow.

Jason asked me to marry him Saturday night, and I said yes.

Well... first I said are you kidding me?! And then I cried. And then I said yes.

I know you'll want the whole story and this week is going to be psychotic because believe it or not, I did no homework this weekend. So here's the story, morning glories.

I drove down to see Jason in the afternoon, and we went to Little Swan Lake Winery - one of our favorite places. We tested out some wine, bought a few bottles and then headed back to the lakes. On the way back into town he said, "Let's go this way. We never go this way." and I said, "Ok." And so we went to the Elinor Bedell State Park and it was so beautiful out, so we walked around a little bit. And then I said, "Ooo, we should go explore down these steps. I always feel like there's something exciting about stairs you can't see the bottom to." So we walked down this beautiful path, with purple flowers all around and the sun was setting and the lake was still and lovely. And we sat down on these cute little stone benches overlooking the lake and this bridge. And he just kept looking at me and looking at me and looking at me...And I was getting really uncomfortable... And I didn't know what to say or do...Trying to think of something witty to say to fill in the silence...And then he grabbed both of my hands and said, "Christina Buesing......" (More silence and looking) ".......Will you marry me?" And then I thought he was kidding, but he was serious and I cried and hugged him and wouldn't let go and cried and kissed him and asked if he was kidding again, but he wasn't.

--------------------------------------

This blog, in case you haven't noticed, rather than following any sort of concrete format or distinct theme, is more of a notebook. A journal for my thoughts. And as my life continues to change, so does my train of thought.

I hope you don't mind.

Random. Miscellany. Love.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Christina!!!! I'll be praying for you guys as you head down this exciting new path. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHRISTINA!! ahhhhhh! so so so exciting. congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete