Friday, April 17, 2009

finally.


andy warhol. flowers.

a few extra minutes.
and i'm using them to blog.

the semester is on its downward slide.
papers due. an overwhelming heap of reading to be done.
take-home tests and memorized definitions define my life.

please know i'm not complaining.
this has been arguably the best year of my life.
i realize it's oh so cliche to say such a thing.
but i don't remember ever being so happy in my 22 years as i am right now.

why:
i made the decision to be here. on my own.
i don't have to share my toothpaste with anyone.
i have learned an incredible amount about myself. and the english language.
i am proud of the work i've done.
i have learned how to deal with 2nd graders. and disrespect.
my professors care about me.
i met my best friend.
i've developed my own theories. philosophies. ideas. perspective.
i realized i actually do love poetry.
i live on a lake.
i found out i am capable of running 4 miles without dying.
i'm not afraid to speak out in class.

i'm ok with who i'm turning out to be.


it might sound like i'm bragging. and i might be. but when you know you're living in the best time of your life thus far...it's hard not to celebrate.
my life has rarely gone as i would have expected. and i'm so glad.
i know i would have never made it to where i am right now, without having been were i was before.

thank you Jesus, for holding this life in your hands.
for having a plan.
for holding me through the darkness.
and giving me the hope to make it til morning.
for unconditional love.
for giving me this sweet gift.
abundant life.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I think this is my favorite- You pretty much captured life, um, perfectly.

    ReplyDelete