Saturday, April 18, 2009

happy days.



saturday. what a day.
groovin' all week with you.
these days are all
happy and free.
those happy days.
these days are all
share them with me.
those happy days.

happy saturday all.

no class. no work.
just me and my own time management techniques and to do list.

today...
waking up early.
kashi and coffee.
write a paper.
read.
read.
read.
paint my nails.
clean.
and a lazy, rainy saturday afternoon with my man.
top it with a musical.
and that sounds like a happy day, indeed.

growing up, i never had saturdays off. my dad is in the restaurant business and i think i worked nearly every saturday from age 4 to 20. except prom. he let me have prom off.

now that i'm at school, i have my nights and weekends off and oh, what a life!
i never knew it could be like this - going to bed at a decent hour, waking up feeling refreshed and not smelling at all like barbeque sauce and booze.

my new philosophy on what saturdays were made for:
crossing things off the proverbial to do list.
adding a few favorite things. and making time to actually do them.
i.e. sitting at a coffee shop or riding your bike.
a slower pace.
seeing your favorite people.
listening to your favorite songs as many times as you want.
dancing a little.
loving a lot.

1 comment:

  1. saturday mornings in the coffee shop is my favorite thing.
    its where i am right now!

    ReplyDelete